THE NUMBER 1 HOTEL MANAGEMENT SCHOOL IN AUSTRALIA & ASIA PACIFIC
Over 200 managers from 28 luxury hotel chains said they prefer hiring staff from Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) at Torrens University, rather than anywhere else in Australia or Asia Pacific.
Want to have a successful hotel management career?
- Practical Learning. Your classroom will be a real hotel with real guests.
- Overseas Placements. Want to have fun travelling while you study? You can… And we’ll help organise it.
- 95% Employment Rate. 95% of graduates get full time employment within three months of graduating.
Internationally Recognised Qualifications
Bachelor of Business Degrees
- International Hotel and Resort Management
- International Event Management
Our undergraduate courses in hospitality management provide a full three years degree education in a condensed 2.5 years, which includes two paid industry placements within hotels and events companies.
Our students benefit from an industry-focused education where our course content fits the exacting requirements of the hospitality industry.
- Master Degree International Hotel Managament
- MBA International Hotel Leadership
Postgraduate courses in International Hotel Management and International Hotel Leadership are designed for people with degrees in other disciplines, or who have at least three years relevant supervisory experience, and who are seeking to enter or further develop their careers within the hospitality industry.
What to expect when you attend
- Meet students and alumni. Meet current students and alumni who are achieving success in the booming hospitality industry.
- Behind the scenes hotel tour. Take a look behind the scenes tour of a large-scale hotel and see what goes into running a successful property.
- Learn about degrees in hotel and event management. Ask questions, hear about our industry focused degrees, and how you will study in a real hotel.
- Free canapés and drinks on arrival.
“My ideal job would be to be a General Manager of a Hotel. Either working for a big hotel chain or even my own hotel! BMIHMS is providing me with the necessary education and contacts to achieve my goal. They provide all of the students with the best tools, but I fully realise that it is my responsibility to use the tools I have been given proactively. I know I can use the knowledge and experience I have gained in my time to pursue my own hospitality management goals and opportunities.”
Amelia Catalan // Guatemala // Bachelor of Business (International Hotel and Resort Management)
Career Focus Days
Experience life at BMIHMS
Choosing where to study and the right course to enrol in for tertiary education are two very important decisions you are faced with. Whether you are a high school student looking to study beyond year 12, or someone who has been in the workforce looking to further your education, you need to have as much information as possible before making such a big decision. To help make the decision easier, BMIHMS at Torrens University offers a Career Focus Days (CFD) program.
CFD is a 3-day residential program for students considering a career in the hospitality industry, designed for those aged 16 and over. This program gives prospective students insight into what it’s really like to study at BMIHMS and is held at both our Practical Learning Centre (Leura Campus) and Executive Business Centre (Sydney Campus).
What are the Career Focus Days
This program provides potential students with the opportunity to experience life as a student and discover what a career in hospitality is like by attending classes and living amongst current students.
Our Academic Curriculum
Get a snapshot of the academic program, including practical ‘real-life’ training components, at our simulated hotel and restaurant environment in Leura, and business campus in Sydney.
Stay on campus throughout the program and meet our students from all over the world. This gives you the opportunity to hear firsthand what it’s like to be a BMIHMS student.
Discover how our industry placements and our graduate recruitment program can launch a hospitality career that will take you around the world. You will experience a student industry placement on location in one of the best 5-star hotels Sydney has to offer.
Included in the program is a behind the scenes tour of an operating hotel. You will see the complexities of running a hotel and meet working professionals who are passionate about the hospitality industry.
- Transportation throughout the program, including pick up and drop off at Sydney Domestic Airport or
- Sydney Central Station (on the first and last day of the program).
- Accommodation at our Leura Campus
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- All activities related to the program.
The cost for CFD is $325.
CFD Rebate: All students who attend a Career Focus Days program and subsequently enrol in our degree program will receive a credit of the CFD fees towards their first year tuition or residential fees.
When is the next CFD?
The CFD dates for 2019 are:
- July 16-18
- November 12-14
- November 26-28